In general, liqueurs are sweet while liquors or not. They do have a lot in common like being ingredients in some of your favourite cocktails, but for the sake of this post we would look at some of the differences, ready?
· Liqueur- “Lick- keewr”/ “Lick-oor”
· Liquor- “Lick-er”
· Liqueur- It is a sweet or herbal alcoholic drink (essentially liquor) that is flavoured with fruit, herbs, flowers, nuts or spices.
· Liquor- It is an alcoholic drink that is distilled from grains or plants, such as rum, vodka, gin or whiskey.
· Liqueur- From coffee and coffee to almond and orange.
· Liquor- Citrus and cinnamon.
4. ALCOHOL BY VOLUME:
· Liqueur- 15-55%
· Liquor- 45-70%
5. IN COCKTAILS:
· Liqueur- They are a fairly common ingredient in cocktail; often used to release the flavours.
· Liquor- These are the main ingredients in every cocktail. For example Tequila used for Margarita.